Pre-approvedexpenditures include the following items:
- Expense Report
- Usage logs
- Burden transactions
- Inventory transactions
- Work in process transactions
- Miscellaneous transactions
These entries are generally completed on paper and approved by a supervisor, then entered into Oracle Projects.
Note: Transactions with an expenditure type class of Work in Process or Inventory are usually imported from a manufacturing system. Related burden transactions are usually generated and imported via Transaction Import.
You enter pre-approved expenditures into Oracle Projects in a batch, submit them for review, and then release them for cost distribution. The following illustration shows the steps for entering pre-approved expenditures into Oracle Projects.
Statuses for Pre-Approved Expenditure Batches
Pre-approved expenditure batches can have one of the following statuses:
- Working The expenditure batch is not ready for review. You can enter timecards, usages, miscellaneous transactions, burden transactions, inventory transactions, or work-in-process transactions and modify their expenditures and expenditure items.
- Submitted The batch is awaiting review. You can still retrieve the batch if you need to make corrections.
- Released The expenditure batch has been released for cost distribution. You can reverse incorrectly entered expenditure items within the batch.
Note: You can choose Unreleased from the Status poplist in the Find Expenditure Batches window to retrieve both Working and Submitted expenditure batches.