Reasons to Restrict Items to Locators
- Security You may decide to restrict high-security items to specific aisle/bin locations in warehouses.
- Transaction entry You can limit items to specific locators to make the transaction entry process easier.
- Fixed storage All your items are always stocked in a particular range of bins and aisles.
Options to Restrict an Item to Specific Locators
- In the Inventory region of the Master Item window, select the Restrict Subinventories and Restrict Locators check boxes.
- In the Item Subinventories window, enter the list of restricted subinventories and locators for each item.
- You can restrict an item to a list of locators only if your locator control is Prespecified or “No Control.”