Balancing Segment, Cost Center, Natural Account, Secondary tracking segment and Inter compnay.
- Designate one of your segments as the natural account segment and another as the balancing segment. You can optionally designate a cost center segment and/or intercompany segment. If you are using Oracle Assets, Oracle Projects, or want to run revaluations by cost center, it is highly recommended that you specify a cost center segment.
- Assign the Secondary Tracking Segment qualifier to one of the segments in your chart of accounts. You cannot use the primary balancing, intercompany, or natural account as the secondary segment.
- Assign an intercompany segment. If your subsidiaries share the same set of books, you can use the intercompany segment to identify subsidiaries involved in intercompany transactions.
Define parent values that include child values. You can view a segment value’s hierarchy structure as well as move the child
ranges from one parent value to another.
3.2 Define rollup groups to create summary accounts whose summary balances you can review. You assign parent segment values to rollup groups.
4. Create account combinations.
You can define new account combinations or disable existing account combinations at any time.
In the GL Accounts window, check the preserve check box to preserve account combinations against attribute updates when you run the Segment Value Inheritance program.
5. Define Security Rules to restrict user access to certain account segment values.
Define cross–validation rules to control the account combinations that can be created during data entry.