Define new accounts by creating new combinations of account segment values. You must define all new accounts manually if you do not allow dynamic insertion to create new accounts automatically. You can enable or disable specific account combinations at any time.
Note: Use the Summary Accounts window to define or maintain summary accounts.
To add a new account:
1. Navigate to the GL Accounts window.
2. Enter the account you want to add. General Ledger checks the account against your security and cross–validation rules. If you enter a valid account segment combination, General Ledger automatically displays the account Type of the natural account segment value
3. (Optional) If you enter an Effective Dates range, your account will only be effective during the days defined by the From and To dates.
4. Select Enabled to activate the account. If you entered an Effective Date range, the account is only enabled within that date range.
5. Select Preserved to maintain the current attributes associated with this account. The default setting is unpreserved.
Note: Individual segment value attributes override the account attributes you set here. For example, should you
disable an account segment value and run the Segment Value Inheritance program, all accounts that include that segment value and not marked Preserved, will also be disabled.
6. Choose whether to Allow Posting and Allow Budgeting for the account.
Note: You also set these attributes for the individual segment values. However, the account Allow Posting and Allow
Budgeting attributes do not override the attributes for the individual segment values. For example, if you allow posting
to an account containing a segment value that does not allow posting, you will not be able to post to that account.
Note: You cannot Allow Posting for the Net Income account which is specified for a set of books with average balance
Oracle Receivables Note: Receivables does not use the Allow Budgeting option.
7. Choose whether you would like this account included in Global Reconciliation.