While maintaining an asset or servicing a customer request, you can bill a third party customer for the work that they performed. The cost of the work performed is based on the material and resource requirements (Bill of Material) of the Work Order, or the cost of the Activity associated with the Work Order.
Setting Up Parameters
You can optionally enable the ability to change the billable material on a Work Order at the time a bill is created.
To enable the change of billable material functionality:
1. Navigate to the Enterprise Asset Management Parameters window.
2. Optionally, select the Invoice Billable Items Only check box. If selected, you can change the billable material at the time the bill is created.
If selected, this check box indicates that you want to invoice only billable items. Billable items are those that have a populated value within the Billing Type field, within the Service Tab, of the Master Item window. Billing Type is relevant
only if you have this check box selected. Also, selecting this check box means that you can choose a different item to be billed.
3. Save your work.
Service Attribute Setup
You need to set the Billing Type for each item that you want billable. The Billing Type field, within the Master Item window, requires a value if you have selected the Invoice Billable Items Only check box, within the Enterprise Asset Management
To set up the Billing Type attribute:
1. Navigate to the Master Item window.
2. Select the Service tabbed region.
3. Optionally, select Expense, Labor, or Material from the Billing Type list of values. This field requires a value only if you have selected the Invoice Billable Items Only check box, within the Enterprise Asset Management Parameters window.
4. Save your work.