After you have Preventive Maintenance Scheduling definitions established, you can generate Work Orders. There are two ways to generate Work Orders.
- You can execute the Generate Preventive Maintenance Work Orders process, or
- you can implement forecasted Work Orders from the Maintenance Workbench.
When executing the Generate Preventive Maintenance Work Orders process, the program creates suggested Work Orders, based on the day interval or runtime interval rules that are associated with the scheduling definitions you defined. However, if the rescheduling point is Completion Date, defined in the Preventive Maintenance Schedules definition, and there is an existing Work Order at a status of Unreleased, this process does not suggest another Work Order. You should schedule this program to periodically execute, automatically. You can execute this program manually at any time, by accessing the menu option.
If you want to review and optionally select Work Orders that create using this process, you can access the Maintenance Workbench. This enables you to view the Work Orders before actually creating them. You can launch the Preventive
Maintenance Scheduler to implement forecasted Work Orders.
To generate work orders:
1. Navigate to the Generate Preventive Maintenance Work Orders window.
2. In the Parameters window, select a Cut Off Date.
To further narrow down the data selection, you can enter any of the following parameters:
3. Optionally, select an Area from the list of values. Areas are where your assets reside.
4. Optionally, select an Asset Category from the list of values. This is the Class and Subclass code, such as CRANE.OVERHEAD or BUILDING.FLOOR.
5. Optionally, select an Owning Department from the list of values.
6. Optionally, select an Item Type from the list of values. Valid values are Asset and Rebuildable.
7. Optionally, select a Maintained Group from the list of values, if you previously selected an Item Type.
8. Optionally, select a Maintained Number from the list of values, if you previously selected an Item Type from the list of values.
9. Choose OK.
10. On the Generate Preventive Maintenance window, choose Submit.
Forecasted Work Orders from the Maintenance Workbench