Requisitions for direct items can be created within iProcurement or Purchasing. If you have Oracle iProcurement installed, you can access supplier catalog items directly from an eAM Work Order. If you create a requisition within iProcurement,
the Work Order and operation inform ation is created as you proceed to checkout. You can access a link to direct items using the Maintenance Workbench or within the Work Order window. The Work Order must be at a status of Released.
To enter requisitions for direct items using Oracle iProcurement:
1. Navigate to the Work Orders window.
2. Select a valid, released Work Order number from the Work Order list of values.
3. Choose Find.
4. Choose Materials to view or update the material requirements for this purchase order. Once purchase
orders or requisitions related to direct items have been created for this Work Order, they will be referenced in the Direct Items region of this window.
5. Choose Direct Item to purchase items directly from supplier and non-supplier catalogs, using Oracle iProcurement. The related requisition or purchase order number will appear in the Direct Items region.
6. Save your work.
To enter requisitions for direct items via Oracle Purchasing
If you do not have iProcurement installed, you can access direct item procurement functionality using Purchasing. This functionality is only available if you have Enterprise Asset Management installed.
You can enter a requisition within both the forms application and Maintenance User. When entering a requisition within the forms application, this is done directly from the Requisitions window, and not from the eAM Work Order, as in
1. Navigate to the Requisitions window.
2. Optionally, enter a requisition Description.
3. Select the Items tabbed region.
4. Select Goods from the item Type list of values.
5. Optionally, selec t an Item to purchase from the list of values. Items that are defined in Inventory, with the Stockable check box cleared, are available for selection. See: Inventory Attribute Group, Oracle Inventory User’s Guide
6. Select the purchasing Category o the item you want to purchase.
7. Enter the Description of the item. This description should be meaningful, as it is used to procure the item. If this item is not inventoried, this is the only way an internal person will understand what item you are attempting to procure.
8. Select a UOM from the list of values. The unit of measure qualifies the quantity you enter on the purchase order line. When you choose a line type, its default un o of measure populates this field. If you had chosen an item, its default unit
of measure would have overridden the line type default.You can change the UOM until the item is received, bill, or encumbered.
9. Enter a Quantity to purchase.
10. Select a Need-By date.
11. Select Shop Floor from the Destination Type list of values for all direct item and non-stock item, eAM related requisitions. You can select a destination type of Shop Floor for all purchasable items that are not selected as Stockable in the
item master. When you select a destination type of Shop Floor, eAM recognizes this as a equirement to deliver the direct item to the maintenance Work Order.
12. The Destination Organization list of values will only display those organizations where the item is non-stockable, if the Destination Type is Shop Floor.
13. Choose Outside Services. You can access this window from the Requisition, Purchase Order, and Release windows. This is enabled if the Destination Type previously specified is Shop Floor.
14. Select a Work Order from the Job list of values. Only Released maintenance Work Orders are available for selection. Once a Work Order is selected, any eAM project and task information associated with the Work Order is copied to
the corresponding Project and Task fields, within the Project tabbed region in the requisitions or purchase order Distributions window.
15. Select an Operation Sequence from the list of values. The purchased material will be associated with this operation on the current Work Order. Purchasing displays the operation Code and the Department.
16. Choose Done.
17. Save your work.
18. The requisition needs to be approved (See: Creating Process Definitions in Oracle Workflow Builder, Oracle Workflow isition is approved, it will appear on the eAM Work Order, and can be viewed in Purchasing.