Estimating the costs of maintenance Work Orders is often necessary for planning and budgeting purposes. The Work Order Cost Estimate Processor estimates the costs of all materials and resources exploded or entered on a maintenance Work
Order, providing you the ability to plan and budget your costs. Estimated and actual costs for a Work Order might differ because all materials or resources associated with a Work Order might not actually be used when the Work Order is executed. For example, a required material was not issued to the maintenance Work Order.
The Work Order Cost Estimate Processor can continually execute in the background or launch manually via a concurrent request. Work Orders have one of the following Estimation Statuses:
- Pending - The Work Order is waiting to be selected by the Work Order Cost Estimate Processor.
- Running - The Work Order Cost Estimate Processor is currently estimating the costs of the Work Order.
- Error - The Work Order Cost Estimate Processor attempted to estimate the Work Order’s costs, but there was an error.
- Complete - Work Order Cost Estimate Processor has successfully completed estimating the Work Order’s costs.
- Re-estimate - The Work Order is waiting to be picked up by the The Work Order Cost Estimate Processor, for re-estimation. In this case, the Work Order has been estimated at least once.
To view the status of the Work Order Cost Estimation process
1. Navigate to the Maintenance Work Orders window.
2. Select the Work Orders you wish to re-estimate by selecting the individual Select & Estimate check boxes. You can choose Select All to automatically select all Work Orders listed for re-estimation.
3. Choose Estimate Work Order to re-estimate all selected Work Orders.
The Estimation Status field displays the status of the Work Order Cost Estimation process.