After billing is initiated, you can create invoices. First, a source is defined in Oracle Receivables to identify where your invoicing activity originates. The batch source also controls invoice defaults and invoice numbering. Next, ensure that a Work
Order Billing flexfield code exist. Finally, you can run the AutoInvoice concurrent process to create invoices. You can set this program to automatically run, or execute it from the menu.
To ensure a batch source exists
1. Navigate to the Transaction Sources window.
2. Query on Work Order Billing in the Name field, to ensure that it exists. If it does not exist, perform the following steps:
a. Enter Work Order Billing in the Name field.
b. Select Imported from the Type list of values. Because this is an Imported transaction batch source, the system automatically numbers the batch with the batch source name - request ID.
c. Enter a Description.
d. Enter the range of Effective Dates. The start date defaults as the current date, but you can change it. If you do not enter an end date, this transaction batch source is active indefinitely.
e. To automatically number new transactions created using this source, check the Automatic Transaction Numbering check box and enter a Last Number.
You can use automatic transaction numbering with both Imported and Manual sources.
f. Optionally, to assign the same number to both the document and transaction, for transactions assigned to this source, check the Copy Document Number to Transaction Number check box.
g. Save your work. For information on all remaining fields. See:
To ensure a Work Order Billing flexfield code exists
1. Navigate to the Descriptive Flexfield Segments window.
2. Query on the Line Transaction Flexfield within the Oracle Receivables Application. If Work Order Billing does not exist as a Code within the Context
Field Values region, perform the following steps:
a. Enter Work Order Billing in the Code field.
b. Enter Work Order Invoices in the Description field.
c. Select the Enabled check box.
d. Choose Segments.
e. Ensure that, at least, the following segments are defined: Work Order, Work
Order Id, Invoice Number, and Line Number.
f. Save your work.
To create invoices
1. Navigate to the Run AutoInvoice window.
2. Select AutoInvoice Master Program, from the Name list of values.
3. Enter the Number of Instances. An instance refers to how AutoInvoice groups and processes your transactions. Submitting a greater number of instances enables you to import transactions into Receivables faster. You can submit a
maximum of 15 instances.
4. Select the Work Order Billing Invoice Source.
5. Enter a Default Date. The Default Date must be in an open or future period.
Depending on how you defined your transaction batch source, AutoInvoice uses the Default Date if the GL date is not provided or if the date provided is in a closed period.
6. Choose OK.
7. Choose Submit.