1. After verifying that a supplier does not already exist, set up a new supplier with a unique name in the Suppliers Summary or the Suppliers window. Use a naming convention to prevent future duplications (for example, Oracle Corporation, not Oracle Corp.)
2 If you do not enable the Automatic Supplier Numbering option in the Financials Options window, enter a unique supplier number.
3 Optionally, enter the Taxpayer ID, usually the tax identification number (TIN) for a company or the social security number for an individual.
4 If you are entering a value-added tax (VAT) supplier, optionally enter the VAT registration number in the Tax Registration Num field.
5 To prevent invoice or purchase order entry for this supplier after a certain date, enter the inactive date in the Inactive After field.
Enter Supplier Information in the General Region
Define parent/subsidiary relationships in the General region.
1 In the Parent Supplier Name field, enter the name of the supplier’s parent company if the supplier is a franchise or subsidiary. The parent company must be defined as a supplier in the system first.
In the Number field, the system displays the parent supplier number.
2 In the Customer Number field, enter the number that your supplier uses to identify your company or organization. This number appears on the Oracle Purchasing standard purchase orders.
Supplier Information in the Classification Region
Except for Type and Employee name, classification information is not used by the system and is for your reference only.
1. Select a supplier type from the Supplier Type list of values to group the supplier for reporting purposes. If you are entering an employee as a supplier, you must select Employee in this field.
2. Enter the employee name if applicable. You define employees as supplier to enter expense report (from which you create invoice and pays to employees for expenses occurred due to official reasons)
3. If you do not expect to do repeat business with a supplier, select the One Time check box.
In the United States, customers often use this region to classify their suppliers for government reporting purposes. For example, some customers receive certain government contracts only if a percentage of their suppliers are classified in certain categories.
1. In the SIC field, enter the standard industry code (SIC) for your supplier.
2. In the Minority Owned field, select the type of minority-owned business from the list of values.
3. If you want to track business with small companies, select the Small Business check box.
4. If you want to track business with companies owned by women, select the Woman Owned check box.
Suppliers: Electronic Data Interchange
(N) Suppliers—>Entry (B) Open
This region is accessible only when you select Electronic as the payment method in the Payment Region of this window.
1. In the Payment Method field, indicate how the electronic payment is to be made.
2. In the Payment Format field, indicate the type of information that is transmitted with the funds if the Payment Method is ACH.
3. In the Remittance Method field, indicate which party is responsible for sending the remittance advice to the payee.
4. In the Remittance Instruction field, you can enter the specific wire or other electronic payment instructions for an intermediary or recipient financial institution.
5. In the Transaction Handling field, select one of standard EDI transaction codes.