You can create and print a computer-generated payment to pay a supplier for one or more invoices.
Examples of computer-generated payments are:
- Check run
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
Creating and Maintaining Computer-Generated Payments
To create a computer-generated check, you must enable the Allow Online Print Payables option; the invoices must be approved, uncanceled, and without holds; the invoices must have check as their payment method and have the same currency as the payment; and the bank account must have at least one payment document that uses computer-generated or combined disbursement type.
In the Payments window:
- You can, optionally, change the payment document number, which defaults to the next available number.
- You can, optionally, change the payment currency if you are using a multicurrency bank account with a multicurrency payment document.
- The payment date must be in an open or future period.
- Unless you enable the Allow Pre-Date Payables option, you cannot predate a computer-generated payment.
How to Select Invoices to Pay
(N) Payments—>Entry—>Payments (B) Enter/Adjust Invoices
1. From the Payments window, click Enter/Adjust Invoices to select approved invoices that are not on hold.
2. Select the invoices that you want to pay. The invoices must have Check as their payment method and must have the same currency as the payment.
3. To create a computer-generated payment, click Actions to navigate to the Payment Actions window; format and print the check. Optionally, create a check, save it, and print it later. The bank account must have at least one payment document that uses computer-generated or combined disbursement type.