If you use Oracle Payables, use the Automatic Payment Programs window to define payment programs. If you use Oracle Receivables, use this window to define additional receipt and remittance format programs.
Use the Automatic Payment Programs window to define payment programs that you use to format payment documents and separate
remittance advice. You specify whether each program is for building payments, formatting payments, or creating a payment remittance advice.
Payables predefines one program for building payments and many standard programs for formatting payments. Payables also predefines a program for creating a separate remittance advice for payments. You can select these predefined programs when you define a payment format, or you can use these programs as templates for creating your own custom payment programs.
- Build Payments. A program Payables uses to build payments for the invoices in a payment batch. Payables submits this program during payment batch selection to calculate the payment totals for your payments and determine on which payment documents the payment appears.
Payables provides a predefined Build Payments program called the Standard Build Payments Program. Payables uses this
standard build program to group the selected invoices for each payment, order the payments using the order option you specifyin the Payment Batches window, create any necessary overflow documents, and determine the total number and amount ofpayments for a payment batch.
Attention: You do not need to define any additional Build Payment programs. Use the Standard Build Payments Program that Payables provides.
- Format Payments. A program Payables uses to format your payment documents. During the Format Payments program, Payables uses your payment format to create the layout of your checks or electronic payments.
- Remittance Advice. A program Payables uses to format a separate remittance advice document. For example, you can use a remittance program to create separate remittance advice documents for your electronic funds transfers
- If you are not using Payables predefined payment programs, define a payment program using Oracle Reports.
- Register your program in the System Administrator’s Concurrent Programs window. Optionally assign a default printer to the program. If you do not assign a default printer then when you use the payment program, Payables will use the printer you defined as your default as the Printer profile option.
To define payment, receipt, or remittance programs:
- In the Automatic Payment Programs window, enter a unique Name for the program you are defining. This name will appear on a list of values whenever you need to enter the program name.
- Enter a program Type.
- Enter the Registered Name. The concurrent manager uses the Registered Name to refer to the payment program.
Use the Automatic Payment Programs window to define additional receipt format programs you use to create receipt documents such as checks or bills of exchange. You can define as many receipt programs as you want. Payables already provides sample receipt programs that you can use to create and format receipt and remittance documents. If you need a different automatic receipt program, then you should copy the sample program and modify it. You specify whether each program is for the creation, printing, or transmission of automatic receipts or remittances.
- Print Created Receipts. A program you use to create a batch of automatic receipts.
- Transmit Created Receipts. A program you use to format the output of automatic receipts that you have created on to a magnetic medium.
- Print Bank Remittance. A program you use to print a batch of your remittances.
- Transmit Bank Remittance. A program you use to format the output of bank remittance batches that you have created on to a magnetic medium.
- Create a receipt program using Oracle Reports.
- Register your program in the System Administrator’s Concurrent Programs window.