- Reconcile transactions
- Reconcile receipts
- Reconcile Receipts to Bank Statement Activity for the Period
- Reconcile journals
- Reconcile customer balances
- Reconciling the General Ledger Transfer Process
- Generate the Transaction Register and the Sales Journal by Customer for the period under consideration.
- The Sales Journal balance should match the total of the transactions in the Transaction Register plus twice the Credit Memo totals.
- Generate the Receipt Register and the Receipt Journal Report (select Transaction in the Report Mode parameter) for the period under consideration.
- The balance in the Receipt Journal Report should match the balance in the Receipt Register.
- Generate the Journal Entries Report-Summary by Account.
- The totals for each Accounting flexfield in the Sales Journal and the Receipt Journal should match the corresponding totals in the Journal Entries Report.
Reconciling the General Ledger Transfer Process
- The General Ledger Interface produces an execution report that shows you the total debits and credits transferred from Receivables to the General Ledger Interface table.
- Compare this report to your Sales and Receipt Journal totals and verify that they match.
Note: Be sure to use the same General Ledger Date ranges for the two journals and your GL transfer.
The following is a list of the Critical Reports required for Reconciliation between AR and GL
- Journal Entries Report (AR)
- Sales Journal by GL Account Report (AR)
- Receipt Journal Report (AR)
- AR Reconciliation Report (AR)
- Account Analysis Subledger Detail-180 Char (GL)
- Third Party Balance Report (New to R12)
The Total Activity in a period is calculated as follows:
Transaction Register for the Period (+) Adjustments Register for the Period (+) Rounding Differences for the Period
(+) Credit Memo gain/loss for the Period (-) Invoice Exceptions for the Period
(-) Applied Receipts Register for the Period (-) Un-Applied Receipts Register for the Period