1. The default procedure, enforced by the Find/Enter Customers window requires that a search, as described in the next section, must be completed before you can create a new customer account. You can set up your application to directly enter a new customer account by setting the Bypass Find/Enter Window profile option to Yes. Bypassing a search of existing parties or customer accounts before entering a new party or customer account is not recommended because
duplicate parties or customer accounts could be more frequently entered.
- Name for an Organization customer account type
- First name and last name for a Person customer type
- Postal code
- First name and last name in the Contact region
2. If any customer exists then the below window 'll be shown
2. The customer number can be same in two OUs (Similar to suppliers).
Note the following in the Match Results window:
- The title bar of the Match Results window displays the Customer Type used for the search and the search criteria.
- If a party has multiple customer accounts, the party name displays (indented to the right) in the Name column next to each customer account.
- If the Identifying Address Flag check box is checked, then other party sites could exist for this party.
4. Create a new customer against an existing party
To create a new customer account for an existing party, highlight the row for that party, then click the OK button.
New customer entery form opens with the existing organization number(party number). You can change the party name and customer number and enter a new account name.
Save the record after entering all the details.